If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite frosting to use for this fall. The brown sugar gives the frosting a bit of complexity and makes it less sweet and more molassesy. —Leah
Makes 4 cups
cup butter, at room temperature
cups confectioner's sugar
cup heavy cream
cup brown sugar
teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the water and brown sugar in a small sauce pan and simmer over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the water and sugar mixture from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- While still beating, slowly add the sugar and water mixture. Continue to beat until incorporated.
- Sift in 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar. Beat until incorporated and repeat with the remaining confectioner's sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- While still beating, slowly add the cream and beat until incorporated
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
More Great Recipes: