Author Notes: This is my favorite frosting to use for this fall. The brown sugar gives the frosting a bit of complexity and makes it less sweet and more molassesy. —Leah
Makes: 4 cups
cup butter, at room temperature
cups confectioner's sugar
cup heavy cream
cup brown sugar
teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the water and brown sugar in a small sauce pan and simmer over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the water and sugar mixture from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- While still beating, slowly add the sugar and water mixture. Continue to beat until incorporated.
- Sift in 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar. Beat until incorporated and repeat with the remaining confectioner's sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- While still beating, slowly add the cream and beat until incorporated
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting
More Great Recipes: