If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chocolate frosting is everything you could hope for from a chocolate frosting. It cools to a thick, fudge-like consistency and in our house is used for drizzling on birthday bundt cakes. But it is also wonderful smushed onto a cupcake or covering a big bowl of ice cream and if you need some real chocolate therapy a big scoop of it definitely won't kill you! —RespectThePastry
Makes 1 bundt cake's worth with about a cup extra for eating purposes!
- 8 tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- 4 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk/Cream/1/2 & 1/2
- 4 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- Bring the butter, cocoa powder, and milk to a boil over medium to high heat.
- Once boiling add in the confectioner's sugar, remove from the heat, and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- This frosting can either be stored in a tupperware in the fridge or used immediately. If you are using the frosting to drizzle onto a bundt cake you may reheat it in the microwave or on the stove and this will keep it loose to make for easing drizzleing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting