If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This frosting reminds me of Mexican hot chocolate - one with just the slightest hint of cayenne and sweetened up with the delicious goodness of cajeta. Enjoy! —Madhuja
Makes 1 batch of frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces good quality dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cajeta
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a heat proof bowl in the microwave. Mine took about 75 seconds to melt, but check every 30 seconds. Add the almond extract, cinnamon and cayenne to the melted chocolate. Mix well and let it cool.
- Whip the cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. You may have to scrape down the bowl a couple of times to make sure that everything is well mixed.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture and the cajeta to the cream cheese mixture. Whip until light and fluffy and everything is well incorporated. The frosting is ready! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Frosting