Author Notes: I invented these for a gluten-intolerant friend. They're very simple and delicious. —verysmallanna
Makes: 3 dozen
teaspoon dried lavender
teaspoons melted butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
cup raw oats
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grind the sugar and lavender in a prep food processor or a mortar and pestle until the lavender is finely ground throughout the sugar.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg. Add the lavender-sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop the dough by half-teaspoons onto a lined baking sheet (parchment is fine but I preferred the shinier bottoms that a Silpat yielded), about an inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown. Allow to cool fully before removing from sheet.