If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are skiing for the weekend and I am not a fan of lodge food so I decided to make travel size power bars! I rolled them into balls so they are easy to eat.
They are so good that I hope there is enough for the weekend. —Cindy Anschutz
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (into chip sizes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 ounces all natural chocolate for melting
- In your food processor add dates, almonds and walnuts. Pulse 3 times. Add in dried fruit, chocolate, honey, vanilla and sea salt and pulse about 5 times. Feel mixture as it should be sticky. If it is too dry add about a tablespoon of water if not leave it along.
- Take a sauce pot and fill less than 1/2 with water and bring it to a hot temperature but not boiling. Reduce heat to low and add glass bowl with chocolate. Stir constantly using a rubber spatula until almost melted. Remove from pot and continue stirring until chocolate is melted.
- Take mixture and using a small ice cream scoop and forming each ball to about one inch balls.
- Dip and roll each ball into the melted chocolate and set on either parchment paper or a cake warming rack for the chocolate to set.