If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delectable little plums poached with vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves in the pressure cooker, ready in just 15 minutes. This recipe can be used to serve warm on top of a fruit cobbler or cake, mixed with yogurt or eaten as is!
This recipe calls for a pressure cooker. If you don’t have one, you can use a regular pot and simmer the ingredients for one hour, then follow steps 5 and 6 of the instructions. —Mylittlejarofspices
Makes 3 cups
pounds Fresh plums (about 15 small ones)
Vanilla bean pod, split and seeded
- Halve the plums and remove the pit. Place in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Gently scrape the seeds out of each halve with the blade of a small knife and reserve (you can add them to your next baked good).
- Add the water to the pressure cooker, the vanilla pod halves, the honey and spices. Seal the pot and bring to pressure on high heat. Once pressure is at maximum, turn heat down to medium and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- Turn the heat off and let the pressure release naturally.
- Uncover, remove the plums and reduce the remaining liquid on high heat by half.
- Store the plums with the liquid in an airtight glass jar in the fridge or serve warm over cake, pudding, applesauce, yogurt…. many options really!