Author Notes: The perfect frosting for Chocolate cookie dough cupcakes —Peter Block @ Feed Your Soul Too
Makes: 1 batch
cup All-Purpose Flour
3 - 4
In This Recipe
- Cream butter in medium-sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer on medium-high speed until light and creamy.
- Add vanilla and two tablespoons of milk. Mix well.
- Add the flour and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then bump up the speed to medium-high and mix well.
- At this point, if the frosting is too thick, add two more tablespoons of milk.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar and mix on low speed until mostly combined. Then mix on medium-high speed until fully incorporated. Mix for one more minute.
- If the frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. But if the frosting is too thick, add milk one table spoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.