Author Notes: I was at the store and picked up 2 rack of lambs and created this yummy meal. Marinate this herb rack of lamp overnight for even more amazing flavors! This recipe also follows the paleo diet and is gluten free! Enjoy…
Note: For easy clean up you can sear the rack of lamb on the grill using a pan. Also, depending on the size of your rack of lamb will vary the oven time. —Cindy Anschutz
tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
teaspoon onion powder
8-bone racks of lamb
tablespoons dijon mustard
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoons sea salt (divided
cup olive oil
- In a small bowl combine parsley, rosemary, thyme, onion powder, and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- In a small bowl combine dijon mustard and garlic.
- Take lamb and coat both sides with dijon mustard and garlic mixture then coat with herbs. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours. Take out to let warm to room temperature 30 minutes before ready to prepare..
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Set a large saute pan over medium heat then add the oil. Put one or both (depending on the size of the pan) of the seasoned lamb in the pan fat-side down and sear until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip the and sear the other side for 2 minutes. Remove and place on a baking dish. If you are doing in batches – sear the other one now.
- Place in thee oven and roast until the meat registers 130 degrees F in the thickes part of the lamb. About 20 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into chops and serving.