If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The ultimate one-pot dinner –fast and easy with all the ingredients for a healthy-heart. Serve with a leafy green salad. —Susan E. Levy
- ¾ pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, yellow or red, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 14-16 ounce can diced tomatoes, low-sodium
- ? cups chicken stock, low-sodium or white wine
- 1 tablespoon each oregano and basil
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Over medium heat, sauté the chicken in olive oil in a nonstick pan until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Spray pan with olive oil, add onion, peppers, garlic and sauté until onions are translucent, 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice and stir. Place the chicken over mixture, add stock and sprinkle with herbs.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. To test when chicken is done, poke a knife in meat and juices should run clear.
- Mash half of the beans, then add to pot and stir into liquid until sauce thickens. Add the rest of beans and simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve in bowls with green salad and crusty bread.
- Per serving: 324 calories, 28g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 2g sat, 4g mono, 78mg cholesterol, 6g fiber, 293mg sodium