If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After a tough day we sometimes just need a comforting, simple cake, with the ingredients we love. —bonheurcuisine
cup self- raising flour
tablespoons almond meal
teaspoon baking powder
tablespoons organic honey
teaspoon vanilla extract
g unsalted butter
g dark chocolate
cup pistacchios, shelled, unsalted, toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a bowl combine the self raising flour, almond meal and baking powder
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs and the sugar with an electric mixer until creamy and pale
- Add the honey and the vanilla extract and stir
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a baigne marie or microwave and add to the egg mixture
- Add the dry ingredients to the batter and fold
- Add the pistacchios and stir
- Grease and flour a round 9" inch / 23 cm baking tin and pour the batter
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC/ 350 ºF and bake for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and unmold
- Dust with icing sugar