If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious and easy ice cream pie. I personally hate baking crusts for pies, so this no-bake oreo crust is my life saver! You can make this up to a week ahead! —Lauren Broidy
Makes 1 pie
- 1 Package of Oreos (Preferrably Double Stuffd)
- 3/4 cup Blanched slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1 pint High-quality vanilla ice cream (like Haagen-Dasz) (or homemade, if you have the time)
- Put the oreos and the almonds into your food processor and blitz. Running the food processor on low, slowly add the melted butter, until the mixture comes together. You may not need the whole stick.
- Put the crust into a 9-inch pie pan and press lightly, until the whole pan is bordered by the crust. Place in the freezer to chill and firm.
- Soften the ice cream until pliable, but not runny. Put the ice cream and spread into the pie crust until the top is smooth. Place the strawberries on top of the pie in any decorative fashion of your choosing. Place back in the freezer.
- Slice and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Pie