If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ‘mues-ola’ is an ode to both muesli and granola. It’s rustic, crunchy, and holds greater nutritional value than most store bought varieties (many of which contain alarmingly high sugar levels). I have used coconut oil as the nutty taste doesn’t just add great taste, but is a stable oil, with a high smoke point so it doesn’t turn into a nasty transfat while cooking. —amanda james
cups roughly chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, macadamia etc)
cups shredded or flaked coconut
cup sunflower seeds
tablespoons coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a deep baking dish with grease proof paper
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and give a jolly good mix
- Add the melted coconut oil to the dry ingredients, and thoroughly disperse
- Spread the mixture evenly onto your baking tray and place in the oven.
- Check every five minutes and move about the pan to ensure all becomes equally toasted.
- Take it out around the 20-minute mark, but if you like it darker, keep going. Be sure to watch it doesn’t develop/burn too much!
- Cool on the bench, transfer to an airtight container, and then pop into the fridge (the cold storage increases the crunch facto).
More Great Recipes: