If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A New England Classic that packs a punch.
- 2680 g whole live lobsters
- Sea salt
- ½ cups green onion, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Wafu® Spicy Mayonaizu® Japanese mayo
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 top-split hot dog buns
- Fill a large stockpot half full of water. Add sea salt.
- On high heat, bring water to a boil then add lobsters head first into the pot. (Lobsters must be alive when immersed into the boiling water.)
- Cover pot with a lid and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook lobsters for 17 minutes, or until the shells turn dark red.
- Remove lobsters from water and drain. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using your hands, separate the lobster tail from the body. Twist and remove the claws. Discard the head and body. Using a fork, gently remove the meat from the tail, legs and claws in one piece. Use a pincer for the smaller pieces in the claws.
- Chop the lobster meat into medium chunks and place in a bowl. Mix in the green onion and Spicy mayo. Season with pepper, if desired. Stir well to ensure that all the meat is coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly toast the hot dog buns. Divide the lobster salad between the buns and serve immediately.