If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is the reincarnation of the Thanksgiving Dinner table between two savory crusts. —jeanne g
- 2 cups Diced Turkey
- 3 cups left over veggies (corn, green beans, peas)
- 2 cups Stuffing (or Dressing if you are from the South
- 2 cups Turkey Gravy /set one aside
- 1 cup Mashed Potatoes
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup Room Temp Butter
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Poultry spices
- 1/4 cup iced water, added as you knead the dough.
- Place the first 4 ingredients of the Filling in a large bowl and fold gently. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl place all crust ingredients and mix until a ball forms. Gently knead until the dough is smooth. Cut into 2 sections. Roll out one section at a time until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Place one crust in a prepared deep pie plate. smooth the mashed potatoes over the bottom crust and then spoon in the the filling until it forms a heaping dome. Place top crust and seal the edges by pinching the bottom and top crusts together. with a sharp knife make 3 slits in the top crust to release steam. Scramble the egg with a tsp of water and brush the top crust until it is shiny. Place pie in a pre heated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and flaky. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. top with extra gravy if desired.