If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adding a tasteful final touches to Thanksgiving celebrations can be unique, quick and easy with this fresh fruit pie. This stunning pie bursting with the flavor of fresh, seasonal fruits and luxurious creamy custard helps celebrate the sweetness of life over and over. —Lail | With A Spin
Pie crust ingredients:
- 1.5 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Ice cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a pie dish or a deep cake pan.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Add butter to the mix and make coarse crumbles. Add water and make dough and make into a disk.
- Wrap the dough with a plastic wrapper and set aside in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until you are ready to bake.
- When ready, take out the dough and roll into round shape.
- Add the round shaped pastry over the baking dish. Cover the bottom and sides of the dish. Nip out the excess dough. Pierce the bottom with a fork in several places.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden. Cool down completely before filling.
- 1 cup Cold milk
- 1 cup Hot milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3-4 drops vanilla
- 2 Cinammon sticks, 1 inch each
- 2 cups Fresh fruits, diced
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Whisk together egg, cornstarch and sugar in a heavy bottom pan.
- Slowly add the hot milk over medium-low temperature. Add cinnamon. Stir constantly as the custard thickens. Add vanilla.
- Turn off the heat before milk comes to a boil. Stir the custard until it cools down. You may speed up the cooling process by dipping the bowl in ice-cold water for a while.
- When cool, place the bowl in the refrigerator.
- When ready to fill and serve the pie, spread the custard with over the pie crust.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on fruit and add them over the custard.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Pie