If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes one 9 in pie
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon slat
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
- In a medium bowl, mix flour and salt together
- Cut shortening into flour/salt mixture until mixture resembles small peas.
- Gradually add water until mixture clings together in a ball
- Roll out on a lightly floured pastry board until it is large enough to line the pie plate
Pecan Filling (Adapted from Carole Walter)
- 1 9" pie crust, unbaked
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly packed prown sugar
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light corn sytup
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups toasted, broken pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place pie crust into 9" pie plate
- Gently whisk eggs and cream in a medium bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine sugars, flour, and salt
- Add to eggs along with syrup and 3 tablespoons of butter. Then stir in the vanilla.
- Fold in pecan pieces and gently poor into unbaked pie crust
- Bake in preheated oven for 75- 90 minutes. (You can protect the edges from getting too brown by placing an aluminum foil ring around the outside of the pie plate the last half hour of baking. You can also lay a piece of aluminum foil on top of the pie to protect it from over-browning.)