If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocado and crab are one of those match-made-in-heaven food pairings, and yet nobody seems to talk about it. But just try using mashed avocado instead of mayonnaise in a crab salad, and I promise you'll never want it any other way. This is delicious just on its own, as a sandwich filling, or served with crackers as a kind of crabby guacamole. Oh, and definitely try it as a garnish for a bowl of gazpacho. —ieatthepeach
Serves 4-6 as an appetizer or party snack
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and halved
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shell fragments
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze the avocado out of its skin and into a medium mixing bowl. Add lime juice and zest, and use a whisk to beat the mixture until creamy and almost smooth (a few lumps are fine). Add crab meat, scallions, jalapeno pepper, hot sauce, and salt, and stir to combine. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to a day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe