If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Like Jo Brand said once “Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.” I make these brownies every week for my family. They have turned me from a non-baker to a happily addicted baker. Super easy and most importantly - SUPER DELICIOUS! I have also made them for dinner parties and served with vanilla icecream and fresh berries. I always sprinkle them with cute little sugar candies, chocolate flakes, icing sugar , no matter what Ia m making them for. —suryapavanin
- 1 cup Plain Flour/Maida
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Curd/Yogourt
- 1 teaspoon Baking/Cooking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 tablespoons Instant Expresso Coffee Powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- 10 pieces Wheat Biscuits( I used oats flavoured Marie Biscuits)
- 10 pieces Dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 packet colorful sugar coated chocolate gems
- 4 tablespoons Almond meal
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Preheat Oven to 180C. Greace/line 8 square cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, instant coffee powder, almond meal.
- In another bowl, mix together curd , vegetable oil, sugar.
- Mix the liquid ingredients into the flour mix slowly until well combined. To this batter add the walnuts(save 2tbsp full) , brushed biscuits, grated chocolate (be generous :-) ).
- Transfer the cake batter to greased cake pan and add leftover walnuts on the top of cake batter and insert small bits of chocolates randomly into the cake.
- Bake cake for 25- 30 mins. Mine was done in 26mins. Now move the cake to wire rack and cool completely. huh! this is the hardest part for me to keep my hands off the cake :-P .
- When cooled sprinkle chocolate gems, grated chocolate and munch it with scoop of vanilla icecream/double cream. This is the best part :-D
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Pie