If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This layered fruit tart is like a bread pudding, making it perfect for dessert or for brunch. It’s full of fruit so serve it up without the guilt. Apples have pectin, a soluble fiber that helps to prevent cholesterol buildup. —Susan E. Levy
- Non-stick pan spray
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ cups low-fat half-and-half
- ? cups granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cups dried cranberries
- 6 cups (about 5 large) mixed apples and pears, peeled and sliced into thin slivers
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-inch round springform pan and lightly dust with bread crumbs or panko.
- Beat the egg whites and half-and-half in a large mixing bowl. Beat in sugar, salt, spices, and lemon juice. Add the flour to the milk mixture and mix to form a thick cake batter.
- Add the fruit to the batter and mix gently just until the slices are evenly coated. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375°F for about 50 minutes, or until the top is well-browned. Cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before unmolding. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Per serving: 168 calories, 3g protein, 39g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 1g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g mono fat, 0mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium