Author Notes: Variations:
Add 2 teaspoons capers and a pinch of dried chile flakes.
Add the grated zest of 1 lemon —AliceWaters
Makes just over 1/4 cup
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 salt-cured anchovy fillets
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Pound garlic clove to a purée using a mortar and pestle.
- Add the anchovy fillets and continue to pound.
- Once puréed, add the juice of 1/2 lemon, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir to dissolve the salt and whisk in extra-virgin olive oil.
- Stir in parsley.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: Condiments