Author Notes: Salty, flavorful, crunchy and, oh yeah… you can actually eat them!
Sweet potatoes are delicious and loaded with many health benefits. With antioxidants, anti-inflamitroy nutrients and blood sugar benefits, this starchy treat only around 115 calories and 26 grams of carbohydrates per serving (medium, no skin). Get ready to get hooked on my baked fry approach that will allow you to skip the regret and enjoy your fries once and for all! While this recipe is perfect for one, double, triple or even quadrouple to serve up for a crowd.
medium sweet potato
teaspoon extra virgin, garlic infused olive oil
teaspoon chopped rosemary
teaspoon chopped caraway seeds (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 410 degrees (hot, hot, hot)
- Peel and cut your potato into fry shaped pieces. Do not drive yourself crazy, there really is no “right” way to do this, and when it comes to these fries the more rustic the more fun. Rustic is a term I enjoy using in cooking when something is not perfect. Oh that oddly cut onion? Thats just a rustic, homey feel. See? It becomes instantly chic!
- Place your fries and all other ingredients in a Ziplock bag. Close the bag, and mix all of your ingredients together. You want to make sure that your fries are totally coated in all of the seasoning goodness.
- Once coated, dump your delicious fry mixture onto a baking sheet that is covered in parchment paper (perfect for an easy clean up) and place in the oven. Allow to bake for 10-15 minutes (or until browned to your liking).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes