If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tart cranberries & sweet apples are blended with fresh ginger & pepper flakes to form a sweet & spicy fall chutney. —Angela Brown
Makes 5 cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup minced and peeled ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- In a large saucepan, stir the sugar, cider and vinegar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cranberries, apples, ginger and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and season the chutney with salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to cool. Transfer to an airtight jar. When sealed and refrigerated, the chutney will keep for several days.