If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn't love fruit leather? It's one of those kid-friendly snacks that appeals to all ages, and it's surprisingly easy to make a healthy version. Don't be afraid of the long bake time, it's completely hands off, and your house will smell heavenly! This recipe was originally created for a California Sweetpotato contest. Enjoy! —CravingSomethingHealthy
Makes 6 pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1 medium sweet or tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1 medium ripe pear, peeled and cored
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat silicone baking mat.
- Cut sweet potato and fruit into 1 inch pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl or large glass measuring cup. You should have approximately 4 cups total
- Microwave contents on high until everything is soft and tender, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer contents to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add agave syrup and spice mix. Puree mixture until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture onto Silpat and smooth out to the edges until evenly thin and smooth. An offset spatula is helpful for this step.
- Bake on a middle oven rack for 4-5 hours, until fruit leather is firm to the touch, and pulls away from the baking mat easily.
- Let cool, and cut into six long strips.
- Store rolled up, in an airtight bag or container
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes