If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lots of coq au vin recipes are time intensive with tons of steps. Not this one! My mom used to make this pretty often, and now I do too. It's super easy, and I tend to also throw in extra veggies (mushrooms, onions, even carrots) to make it into a 1-pot dinner. —Carolyn Carnes
- 1.5 pounds whole chicken, quartered
- 0.5 cups soy sauce
- 1.5 cups dry red wine
- .25 cups water
- .33 cups oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pre heat oven to 375 F
- Combine all ingredients (as well as any other vegetables: mushrooms, onions, carrots) into a heavy, oven-proof pot.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with crusty bread to soak up the sauce