If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Introducing Keema, a traditional Indian dish made with ground meat and spices. It's simple to make yet oh so flavourful. The best part about Keema is the endless ways it can be served. I love it paired with some roti (traditional Indian flatbread) or naan. You could even make yourself some sloppy joes - just serve the Keema on top of the bun of your choice! —Health Dish
Makes 3 cups
- 1 packet extra lean ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons vegetables oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 green chili peppers, minced
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, add vegetable oil and brown chicken. Mix in onions, tomato paste, and water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to low-medium. Mix in fresh tomatoes, salt, garam masala, black pepper, turmeric powder, ginger, and green chili peppers. Cover and heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to low. Mix in tomato sauce. Allow ingredients simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring frequently