If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: i have a love for fruits in salads. not fruit salad. but adding a fruit to your cooking. it gives a great contrast. the sweet with the savory. and why not pick strawberries? late lunch = light dinner.
this is delicious on it’s own as a vegetarian, light meal. but if you are in need of proteins and don’t back off red meat i would suggest glazed and barbecued lamb racks to go with the salad. i’ll try that next time —shellsten
- 1 handful red baby chard
- 3-4 leaves roman salad
- 1 handful small strawberries
- 60g chèvre (or other goats cheese)
- 1/2 handful toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunches thai basil leaves
- 1 dash crema di balsamico
- 1 dash olive oil
- on a plate (serving plate if making for many) combine greens and strawberries.
- add cheese, nuts and basil on top.
- drizzle some honey and plenty of olive oil and balsamico over the salad and finish of with salt and pepper.