Author Notes: When invited to pot luck parties this recipe is the fastest, easiest, most delicious and simplest to transport dish you can get. —nancy essig
packet plain Chevre
bunches fresh basil leaves
tablespoons garlic, finely chopped
roasted red peppers
cup fruity olive oil
In This Recipe
- Thinly slice peppers into 2 inch strips and place in a 2 cup jar with lid.
- Wash and slice basil into thin strips and add to jar
- Add Garlic and olive oil to jar. salt and pepper. Put lid on and give a little swirl to mix At this point it can sit for hours, growing more delicious by the minute.
- Place log of Chevre on serving platter and slice in half the long way. Pour mixture nicely over the cheese and serve with thinly sliced baquette on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre