Author Notes: Fresh, creamy, crispy goodness. Have a platter of these out to start the party and no one will go home disappointed. —nancy essig
Serves: an intimate affair
Ahi Tuna, cumin, salt
ounces 1 inch thick strip Ahi or Yellow tail tuna
teaspoons fresh ground toasted cumin seed
teaspoon mexican chili powder
Avacado, fresh corn, lime juice, cilantro, perfect blue corn chips
cup lightly cooked fresh corn kernels
tablespoon fresh lime juice
Cilantro to taste
- Make your quacamole and place in fridge for at least an hour.
- Mix your spices together and rub down the tuna on all sides with this mixture.
- Heat a good heavy pan on medium high and add a brush of oil. Sear the tuna on all sides, leaving a lovely red interior. Let rest for a couple of minutes then slice into 1/3 inch slices.
- Place a dollop of corn guacamole on a chip and top with a slice of the tuna. Continue until you have a platter full and amaze your guests with goodness.
- You can drizzle with a chile sour cream sauce or some such but I love the simplicity of this dish as is