If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet and savory scone sandwich.Something I just tried.Choose small shrimps, grey or pink, though i prefer grey. —MarieGlobetrotter
Serves 4-6 people
- 2 cups scones
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 80 milliliters coconut milk
- 125g Greek yogurt
- 60g yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 blood orange
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon Grated Fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups small shrimps
- Pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven on 400F.
- Stir together flour, yeast and diced butter in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the egg with the sugar then add the milk. Form the dough by combining both mixtures. Shape the scones and bake for 12-15 minutes.Let cool
- For the shrimp salad, peel and cut the oranges into dices. Set aside. Only use the fennel bulb: cut the stalks (use them for another recipe) and trim the root end. Cut the bulb into quarters and then into very thin pieces.
- Cut the avocado in two and remove the kernel. Dice the avocado, put in a bowl and sprinkle with lime juice.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurts, honey, fresh ginger and fennel slices. Season with some pepper if you want. Gently stir in the shrimps, avocado and orange. Refrigerate for an hour.
- When you’re ready to serve, cut the scones in two and fill with the shrimp salad