If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup chickpea flour (or “besan” in Indian markets)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives
- 1 small garlic clove
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 4 rolls, such as ciabatta, split, toasted and warm
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- Place chickpea flour in a small bowl. In a thin stream, pour water into chickpea flour while whisking until batter is combined. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly oil skillet. Pour a quarter of the batter into pan and cook until the pancake is browned on the edges and no longer wet-looking on top, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Transfer pancakes to cutting board, fold in half, and cut each pancake into two pieces.
- While pancakes cook, finely chop olives and garlic. Stir olive mixture into butter with anchovy paste. Spread cut sides of bread with butter mixture, and top with chickpea pancake and parsley leaves.