Author Notes: Tony Toast is sliced Italian bread that is browned in the oven with crumbled gorgonzola cheese (blue cheese is an acceptable substitute). It is simple, savory, and delicious. —AdeleSolazzo
loaf of crusty italian bread or baguette
crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese.
olive oil, salt, italian seasoning, cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat broiler. Slice Italian bread in quarter of an inch slices. Place on baking tray.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of oil and small amount of Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper if using.
- Cover with crumbled cheese.
- Place in broiler for 1 and half minutes or until cheese is bubbly and bread is browned.
- sprinkle lightly with olive oil and salt if desired