Author Notes: When my mother made this dish when I was growing up, I knew it was either a treat or she was exhausted. It always came with the same story...her grandmother was from Liverpool and this was the only tasty thing she knew how to cook. In college, I relied on this recipe as a pre-drinking ritual. It is amazing and so simple. —Schwebel
pound Bucatini Pasta
jar tomato sauce
ounces Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and reserve.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions. Cook until translucent.
- Empty entire jar of tomato sauce into the pan. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Add entire package of cheese. Heat and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated into sauce.
- Combine pasta and sauce in sauce pan. Put entire contents into a larage baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and cook until desired crispness.