If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my mother made this dish when I was growing up, I knew it was either a treat or she was exhausted. It always came with the same story...her grandmother was from Liverpool and this was the only tasty thing she knew how to cook. In college, I relied on this recipe as a pre-drinking ritual. It is amazing and so simple. —Schwebel
- 1 pound Bucatini Pasta
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 12 ounces Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Make pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and reserve.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions. Cook until translucent.
- Empty entire jar of tomato sauce into the pan. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Add entire package of cheese. Heat and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated into sauce.
- Combine pasta and sauce in sauce pan. Put entire contents into a larage baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil and cook until desired crispness.