Author Notes: We took an ordinary Hasselback potato from good to outstanding by adding infused heavy cream and a little cheese. The Hasselback will never be the same. —ChezUs
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean with the skins left on
- 1 stick unsalted butter, + 1 more tablespoon of butter, cut the stick of butter into thin slices
- 5 ounces gruyere cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves peeled and smashed
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat the cream, 1 tablespoon of butter, garlic and thyme in a small saucepan until simmering. Remove from the heat and set aside to infuse.
- Cut the potatoes by following the directions in the video on Chez Us (Scalloped Hasselback Potatoes).
- Alternate slices of butter and cheese between the slices of the potato. Do not over stuff or the potato will buckle up and break.
- Jump over to Chez Us for the reminder of the instructions.