If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was invented in a moment of wanting something a bit like a snickers. And then this raw crunchy, healthy, peanutty treat was born, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. They also freeze so you can have one ready for a sweet toothed emergency. —Flossie
Makes 12 squares
Crunchy base layer
- ½ cups raw peanut butter
- ¼ cups coconut oil
- ? cups maple syrup
- ¼ cups quinoa puffs
- ¼ cups coconut flakes
- ¼ chopped peanuts
- This is your first layer! Mix the nut butter with the coconut oil and maple syrup until you have a smooth sauce, then mix in the puffs and coconut and press down into a small tin.
Caramel and Chocolate layer
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ? cups coconut butter, melted
- ½ cups agave nectar, maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 small handfuls chopped goji berries
- For the caramel layer, process the dates until almost smooth then add the hard coconut oil, you don't want it too warm otherwise is splits and doesn't combine so well with the dates. Best to keep it in the fridge first. When smooth spread on top of the crunchy layer and put in the fridge.
- Mix all the chocolate layer ingredients together until smooth and then pour on the top and sprinkle the goji berries on top with a little bit of coconut or chopped peanuts.
- Cool it in the fridge for at least an hour until it has set. Enjoy your pretend chocolate bar!