If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love crab sandwiches. In fact, every Dungeness crab season we are compelled to spend at least one day in Bodega Bay so that we can enjoy a fresh caught Dungeness crab sandwich at the Spud Point Crab Company. Well we have decided to make the ultimate crab sandwich ourselves. The taste is so fresh and crisp from the onions, jalapenos and lemon zest and of course, the Dungeness crab itself. —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 8 ounces fresh Dungeness crab (canned if fresh is not available)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (organic if possible)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon Crab Boil seasoning
- 1/4 red onion, chopped small
- 1 green jalapeno, chopped small
- 1 9" long jalapeno cheddar roll or equivalent
- Prepare crab meat depending on which you are using, either from fresh crabmeat, in a can or from the crab itself.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients well.
- Split the roll and toast lightly. Add mayonnaise to the toasted roll, if desired.
- Fill the roll with the prepared crab.