If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sure, I’ve made crinkle cookies before. Although I’ll be honest in that I don’t remember the last time that was. Although they’re delicious, there’s rolling dough into balls and rolling in powdered sugar before you can even get them in the oven. High maintenance in my opinion. These chewy, gooey cookies start with a box of cake mix and a few additional ingredients – doesn’t ginger scream holiday? – that are simply stirred with a mixing spoon. In no time at all, I’m ready to scoop the dough, give them a sugar shower and wait for the tasty results to emerge from the oven.
Recipe adapted from this Fudge Crinkles recipe : http://www.food.com/recipe/fudge-crinkles-a-great-4-ingredient-cake-mix-cookie-32614. Totally inspired by the use of a cake mix to get cookies in the oven pronto! —Melanie Makes
Makes 2 dozen
- 16.5 ounces dark chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together all ingredients except for powdered sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Using cookie scoop, drop dough into bowl of powdered sugar and roll to coat.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until set. Let cool on pan 1-2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.