If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a favorite of my mom's to feed a happy group of friends -- mine, hers, or both -- during the summer in her back yard/organic garden. The sour cream adds a smooth tartness that is delightfully complimentary to the sweetness of the fruit and the buttery crumbliness of the crust.
When I was living in Manhattan, my friends and I would periodically hop on the train to New Jersey and visit my mom for a backyard grilling and sangria-tippling evening. It remains a tradition now that I have relocated to Washington DC, both when I am in town and when I am not! On a recent work trip to Jakarta, I received delightful photos of my friends in my mom's backyard enjoying themselves with the message "wish you were here!"
This recipe comes to mind when I think of those good times with my friends and my mom at my childhood home. —Portia Hunt
Sour cream crust
tablespoons sour cream
Peach and blueberry filling
egg yolks (save the whites for an omelet)
cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Process crust ingredients in a food processor until it forms a ball.
- Press dough into pie tin.
- Bake crust at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then remove and reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Whisk egg yolks together, then combine with sugar, flour, and sour cream.
- Pour blueberries and peaches into pie crust, then pour egg mixture over them.
- Cover the pie loosely with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes so that the filling sets.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe