If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a standard royal icing recipe. You will find many different variations online but I find this one works best for me. —Rachel K Cleary
Makes about 3 cups
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the confectioners' sugar and meringue powder until combined.
- Add the water and beat on medium speed until very glossy and stiff peaks form (5 to 7 minutes).
- If necessary spritz more water on the icing till correct consistency is achieved.
- To cover or 'flood' the entire surface of the cookie with icing, the proper consistency is when you lift the beater, the ribbon of icing that falls back into the bowl remains on the surface of the icing for a few seconds before disappearing.
- The icing needs to be used immediately or covered with a wet towel. If you are not going to use right away transfer it to an airtight container as royal icing hardens when exposed to air.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: