If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is easy to make and it packs a lot of flavor. You can't just take one nibble of this smooth and spicy bean dip. The dip is also topped with a chimichurri inspired sauce of cilantro, fresh garlic and extra virgin olive oil. —MrVillalobos
The cilantro, garlic and olive oil sauce.
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- salt to taste
- 15.5 ounces White beans
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sauce: Measure out a quarter cup of lightly packed cilantro leaves and place into a bowl. Throw in a clove of garlic and add the olive oil and salt. Process all this together using a hand blender if you have one. Then, set aside.
- Dip: Place the white beans in a bowl and add: 1 garlic clove, 1 whole chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and then salt and pepper to taste. Blend ingredients together and pour into a serving bowl.
- Presentation: To finish the dip, place the cilantro-garlic sauce over the top of the bean dip. I also sprinkled some habanero chili peppers I cut into small squares over the dip and sauce to give it a nice KICK.
- Enjoy the dip with the common go-to, tortilla chips. Also, cut up some fresh veggies for dipping.