If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made some home baked goodies to send off to family members for Christmas and as I was deciding on what to make, I picked up this recipe in the December 2013 issue of Family Circle on p. 108. —Tom and Anita Morgan
Makes 36 pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds bittersweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon t peppermint extract
- 8 candy canes broken into small pieces
- Line a 15” X 11” X 1” baking tin with nonstick aluminum foil (or spray baking tin with an oil spray then add the foil)
- Melt chocolate in a large bowl set over a pot of gently simmering water and stir chocolate until smooth. Remove bowl and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Stir in peppermint extract and spread chocolate with some texture onto the aluminum foil. Scatter the pieces of candy cane onto the chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Invert cooled pan over cutting board and peel off foil. Break bark into 36 two inch pieces.