If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have a never ending search for the perfect muffin. We like to eat a muffin with a cup of Chamomile tea after dinner. Our restless souls keep us developing new recipes. This is our Banana Muffins recipe with an added complexity and it is good. the cranberries add a little chewiness and the ubiquitous streusel topping adds the sweetness we like after dinner. —Tom and Anita Morgan
Makes 12 muffins
For the muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For the streusel
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and put rack in center of oven. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 C flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat the oil and sugar until smooth and lightly fluffy. Add egg, bananas, 1/2 t cinnamon and dried cranberries. Beat until well blended.
- Spoon batter into papered muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 3 T flour, 1/2 t cinnamon and softened butter. Sprinkle topping over muffins
- Bake muffins at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack before removing from muffin tin. Eat one immediately!