If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In our never ending search for the perfect muffin, these are delicious! Winter is mandarin orange season in California and we like to incorporate them in our recipes. —Tom and Anita Morgan
Makes 12 muffins
For the muffins
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut oil, almond oil or your choice
- Zest from 3 Mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup fresh Mandarin orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the streusel
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon mandarin orange zest
- Heat oven to 400*F and line a regular size muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- In a separate bowl add, oil, orange juice, eggs, 1 T zest and orange extract and blend.
- Blend this egg mixture into the flour mixture, blend well and add the blueberries.
- Spoon this mixture into the muffin tin liners.
- Mix all Streusel ingredients together and sprinkle on top of the uncooked muffins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until done by the straw test. Then eat one!