If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe has been in my family a long time. It comes from my Great-Grandmother Mildred Lohmann who had a gigantic rhubarb plant in her backyard. The tangy rhubarb perfectly offsets an otherwise fluffy and sweet coffeecake batter that is then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. —Gibson2011
Makes 9x13" pan
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, sliced into 1" slices (or smaller, if a large stalk)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350. Cream brown sugar and butter till fluffy. Add egg and combine. Add flour, baking soda and salt, alternating with the buttermilk, stirring to combine. Add vanilla and rhubarb.
- Spread in greased and floured 9x13" pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe