Author Notes: This simple, delicious dessert is what autumn tastes like. But it’s so good, you’ll want to enjoy it any time of the year. —Susan E. Levy
cup broken pieces, low-fat gingersnap cookies (12 small cookies)
15-ounce can pumpkin purée
cup fat-free evaporated milk
cups chopped walnuts
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 8 ramekins with canola oil and divide the cookie pieces evenly in the bottoms of the bowls.
- Place the remaining ingredients except nuts in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer.
- Ladle the pumpkin mixture over the cookies, sprinkle with nuts, and place ramekins in a deep pan filled with water to about halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve.
- Per serving: 168 calories, 7g protein, 42g carbohydrate, 3g fat, 0g sat fat, 0g mono fat, 32mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 149mg sodium
- SEASONED COOK If cooking as a pie, spray a 9-inch pie pan and proceed as above without the water-filled pan; cook for one hour. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for several days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe