Author Notes: Christmas season sees many spiced recipes floating around and that usually includes cinnamon. So here is to keep with the festive season, cinnamon and orange spiced palmiers. These little rolled up snacks are so easy to make with minimal ingredients, even during stressful times of Christmas shopping or decorating your home, this recipe won't give you any fuss at all.
These palmiers are perfect as snacks for when guests arrive or to be had with your choice of tea, coffee or hot chocolate. It is also great as edible gifts. All you need to do is box these up and tie it with ribbons so it looks pretty and presentable. Jars or any lovely containers work well too. —Ai Pheng Y
1 ready rolled puff pastry
cup golden caster sugar
tablespoons ground cinnamon
Zest of 1 orange
- Mix the sugar, ground cinnamon and orange zest in a bowl. Then sprinkle the sugar mix on a clean flat surface.
- Remove the ready rolled puff pastry from the box, unroll and lay on top of the sugar mix covered surface.
- Roll both the ends lengthwise until they both meet in the middle. Another way of doing this is to fold both ends into the middle then fold again. Then tug the ends in so it forms a long rolled cylinder.
- Let the rolled puff pastry rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour or in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut in about 1cm thick. Place these cut pieces flat on a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 10-15 minutes.
- When ready, let cool on a cooling rack. Make some tea and enjoy those palmiers at its freshest.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe