Author Notes: As versatile as it is simple, this glaze works with almost any sweet bread or muffin recipe you can imagine. Add melted chocolate or cocoa powder and you have an entirely new taste profile that's perfect for pastries! —Ashley-Michele Burke
Makes enough for 12 muffins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, preferably the clear kind
- 2 or 3 drops almond extract Optional
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or 2 oz semi sweet chocolate, melted
- Stir all ingredients until well blended. If you're making this with chocolate, omit the almond extract, and vice versa.
- Drizzle generously and enjoy!