If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up, we never had the traditional sweet french toast. Our dad always made us this savory Thai version of french toast, a breakfast his mom always made for him in Thailand. A few simple ingredients with some Thai flavors makes this an easy, delicious, and interesting breakfast, lunch, or appetizer. —Double Helping
Slices of Hearty Country Bread, Challah, Brioce, or just plain white bread about 1-inch thick
tablespoons Fish Sauce
tablespoons Cilantro, plus extra for garnish
teaspoon Garlic Powder
teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Chop the shrimp into 1/4 inch thick pieces until it turns into a paste.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add shrimp, fish sauce, green onions, cilantro, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add oil to a large skillet. Heat over medium heat.
- Dip the bread in shrimp/egg mixture to coat on both sides.
- Lay each slice into the skillet. Fry until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Set the toast on a serving dishes. Garnish with cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe