If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delectable little plums poached with vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves in the pressure cooker, ready in just 15 minutes. This recipe can be used to serve warm on top of a fruit cobbler or cake, mixed with yogurt or eaten as is! —Mylittlejarofspices
Makes 2 cups
- 15 Small plums
- 1 Vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 1 Star anise
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Halve the plums and remove the pits. Place them in the bottom of a pressure cooker or regular pot (cooking times will vary).
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Gently scrape the seeds out of each halve with the blade of a small knife and reserve (you can add them to your next baked good). Keep the pod halves for this recipe.
- Add the water to the pot, along with the vanilla pod halves, the honey and spices. If using a pressure cooker, seal the pot and bring to pressure on high heat. Once pressure is at maximum, turn heat down to medium and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Once done, turn heat off and let pressure release naturally. If using a regular pot, bring to boil then cover and simmer on low heat for 50 minutes.
- Uncover, remove the plums from the liquid and reduce the remaining liquid by half (about 8-10 minutes).
- Store the plums with the liquid in an airtight glass jar in the fridge or serve warm over cake, pudding, applesauce, yogurt…. many options really!