If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My elementary school served Sloppy Joes on Thursdays and my brother and I just loved them. It took our mother a few years to achieve the recipe at home but once she had it, these were a family treat until we had all left home for college. Not exactly health food, my Mom served them only on occasional Thursday nights and always as a surprise. —chris
Serves 6 - 8
- 1.5 pounds ground chuck or ground round
- 1.5 large brown or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 Large Can Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 - 8 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- In large saute pan, brown meat and drain off fat.
- Add chopped onion to meat and mix lightly.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and orgeano and basil across meat onion mix.
- Stir in canned soup and sugar.
- Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened (will not pour).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Family Recipe