If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fluffy, golden brown popovers smeared with fresh strawberry butter. —Riley Wofford
Makes 10 popovers
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup diced fresh strawberries
- Beat the butter, powdered sugar, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add the strawberries and beat for another minute, until combined. Transfer to a small bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, until firm.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place a rack in the lowest part of the oven. Lightly grease a 12-cup mini popover pan.
- Beat the flour, salt, milk, eggs, and melted butter in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, mixing until smooth. Divide the batter between 10 popover cups. Bake for about 15 minutes, until golden brown. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked through but still doughy in the center. Serve warm with the strawberry butter.
More Great Recipes: Bread, Rolls & Muffins